There are many reasons why one should meditate — it is known to alleviate stress. In everyday life, set aside a few minutes to meditation can do wonders for your overall health, and it is thought to be all the more important for a new mother, who is breastfeeding his baby.
Buy now | Our best subscription plan now has a special price
According to this post — shared on the official Instagram account of Freedom To Feed, actor Neha Dhupia’s breastfeeding and parenting initiative — there is evidence that “meditation can help improve milk supply in breastfeeding moms“.
“In fact, one study showed that a group of nursing mothers who meditated regularly had an average increase in milk production by nearly 500%,” the caption reads.
He added that while meditation is something we all need to do, “especially in the times we live in today”, it is all the more important for a new mother who is looking for ways to improve her milk supply.
Here are five clear reasons why this simple and affordable way to boost your lactation might come in handy; and it will only take 15 minutes of your time per day.
* It can help with ejection and supply. The let-down reflex is what causes breast milk to flow.
* Meditation can also help balance your hormones.
* It will help you better manage your emotions; we know that motherhood can be an emotional rollercoaster.
* It’s your time for me that you need so badly.
* And finally, it can make pumping milk a pleasant experience.