It is a treat for breastfeeding mothers to help promote healthy lactation. It’s quite simple to make and very delicious to eat.
- Yield: 1 loaf
- Difficulty: Easy
- Total: 1h20
- active: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons flax seed flour
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 1 3/4 tsp. all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. quick cut oats
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons brewer’s yeast (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. softened butter)
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 ea. sugar or 3/4 tsp. agave
- 1 1/4 tsp. mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas or 2 large bananas)
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350. Grease a 10 inch loaf pan.
- Combine flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl or cup and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (except the nuts).
- Using a stand mixer on low speed, combine the butter, eggs, sugar, banana and milk. Add vanilla and flax and increase speed to medium for about a minute.
- Use a rubber spatula to incorporate the flour mixture into the banana mixture 1/3 at a time. Stir in nuts. Scrape into your greased loaf pan and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake 50-60 minutes. Leave to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely.