Join us on Friday May 20for the World Breastfeeding Protection Day webinar to discuss the impact of the marketing of breastmilk substitutes on infant feeding decisions and the progress and challenges of implementing the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes in countries.
How to participate
- DATE: Friday May 20, 2022.
- TIME: 10:00 – 00:00 (Brasilia) [check at the end of the page the local time in other cities]
- LANGUAGES : English, Spanish and Portuguese, with simultaneous interpretation in these languages and interpretation into Brazilian Sign Language.
- LIVE BROADCAST : youtube.com/c/PAHOTV
- Opening speech
- Leo Nerderveen, Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO)
- (to be confirmed) United Nations Children’s Fund (Unicef).
- Janini Ginani, Child Health and Breastfeeding Coordinator at the Brazilian Ministry of Health.
- Renata Ferreira, National Health Surveillance Agency of Brazil (Anvisa)
- Carlota Aquino, Executive Director of the Brazilian Institute for Consumer Protection (IDEC)
- Clavel Sanchez, coordinator of the International Baby Food Action Network for Latin America and the Caribbean (IBFAN/LAC)
- Cíntia Ribeiro, coordinator of the International Baby Food Action Network/Brazil (IBFAN/Brazil).
- How formula marketing influences our infant feeding decisions
- Laurence Grummer-Strawn, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Experiences of countries in the region in monitoring the Code
- Fabiana Müller, member of the International Baby Food Action Network/Brazil (IBFAN/Brazil).
- Marco Arana Cedeño, member of the International Baby Food Action Network/Mexico (IBFAN/Mexico).
- Final comments
- Rodrigo Viana, professor in the Department of Nutrition at the Federal University of Paraíba and member of the International Baby Food Action Network/Brazil (IBFAN/Brasil).
- Cristiano Boccolini, researcher at Fundação Oswaldo Cruz and representative of the Americas for the WHO report on digital marketing.